For adults 7-9 hours sleep is recommended while for teenager 8-10 hours.
Sleeping disorders are group of conditions that affect the ability to sleep well on a regular basis. Sleeping disorders can be caused by many factors, such as; ageing, medical reasons, stress, anxiety, worry, bereavement, disrupted sleep routine and surroundings.
Self-help plan can be created by:
Finding out the possible cause of your sleeping problem and try look for solution.
Adopting good sleep habits by
- Trying not to worry about sleep
- Avoiding food or drinks that will reduce the quality of sleep
- Avoiding cigarette and alcohol
- Avoiding drugs that affect sleep
- Sleep in a conducive surrounding
- Avoid the use of electronic device in the hour before bedtime.
- Get up from the bed if you have not fallen asleep within 20 minutes
- Gradually increase your daytime activity and exercise, but don’t exercise close to bedtime.